Sunday, May 23, 2010

Survival of the First Week

It has been a week! We survived, the kid survived, and the house is still intact. Well, sort of. The house is a mess and it is killing me not to do any more housework than I already am.

Lily had her first doctor's appointment on Wednesday. She is already back up to 7lbs. The pediatrician said that they normally don't see that kind of gain until the 2nd week home. Lily didn't fuss at all, through the thermometer in the butt, testing her hips, and over all examination. Dr. said that it is interesting to see the personality in a newborn, and that Lily is very laid back. And she really is. And she is funny as hell. She has already started mimicking our facial expressions and entertaining us with her own. My favorite is the kissy face she makes. She "talks" to us a little and will make a singing noise when she is pleased with something. She'll only sleep on her side, does a *face palm* and will hold her pacifier by the handle and will pull it out when she is done with it.

So about me now: My c-section incision started draining a red liquid and was really sore so I had Sergio take me to the ER at 12:30am. It is just irritated and opened in a very small area to drain. So I am on antibiotics and followed up with my OB on Friday morning. The redid the steri strips and cleaned it up. I have my two week follow up on Wednesday and Lily has her two week on Thursday. I lost 20lbs since delivery. Once I get the all clear I am going to work on losing the rest. I am just happy that most of the swelling is gone. My face even looks thinner. BP is still a little high, but that will go away in about 6 weeks.

I am hoping my BP will stay down. Going to start looking for a new job at the end of the year if this shit keeps up. My pay last week bounced, so now Wells Fargo is going to be giving me shit about the checks when I start back up at work. I am going to end up having to cash them and deposit the cash in my account. For what I am getting paid, it isn't worth it.

I better get off my ass and start dinner. Sergio is grilling the steaks and shrimp and I am making the bread and corn. I got the easy end of the deal. :-)

2 comments:

  1. Things seem to be going well aside from your work. :) I guess everything can't go perfectly, eh? I'm glad you guys are doing well. Lily sounds like she has so much personality. Already grabbing her pacifier? Crazy! Makes me want kids even more. :D

    I am sure you will continue to lose weight but you know I'll be here for support.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The work drama got even more interesting... but i'll have to email you about it.

    Thanks for the support!! You are pretty much my role model, I just can't work out as much as you do, I would die from my knee giving out or an asthma attack. :-)

    ReplyDelete